Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center
A warm welcome from Vienna
A stroll around Vienna can be like a journey back in time to the days of the empire – it comes as no surprise that the historic city center is a UNESCO world cultural heritage site. Only in Vienna the world’s largest Bruegel collection and the prettiest kiss immortalized by Jugendstil genius Gustav Klimt in his world-famous painting can be found. Here, night after night, music fans are treated to live classical music. And did you know, that the Viennese cuisine is the only type of cooking in the world that is named after a city? Vienna is also the only metropolis in the world that grows enough wine within city limits to be worth mentioning. And the Viennese coffee house is known around the globe for its informal pleasantness, as an oasis of gemütlichkeit
- Vienna International Airport is located just 18km from Vienna city centre and is a major hub for numerous international and European flights. It is also the home of the Austrian Airlines. There is an airport train from Airport ot City Centre that runs every 20-30 minutes. www.viennaairport.com/en
- The OBB has an extensive railway system in Austria with 3 main stations in Vienna. See website for connections and information: www.oebb.at/en
- Vienna public transportation Weiner Linien operates five underground lines, 29 tram and 127 bus lines, of which 24 are night lines and connect the city from end to end. www.wienerlinien.at/web/wl-en
- Taxis and Uber are popular and plentiful throughout Vienna.
- Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Center is centrally located, 20 min away from Airport by taxi. There is also an airport bus that takes 30 minutes. Two underground stations are located a stone’s throw away from the venue’s main entrances: U2: Messe-Prater & U2: Krieau
The infection situation in Austria has eased. Travel to Austria for touristic purposes is possible again for vaccinated and recovered people!