Welcome Message to ESPEN 2018
On behalf of the European Society of Clinical nutrition and Metabolism (ESPEN) and the Spanish Society of Parenteral and Etereal Nutrition (SENPE), we would like to invite you to the 40th ESPEN Congress 2018, wich will be held for the 4th time in Spain.
Following the Congresses in Barcelona (1987, 2012) and Madrid (2000), the Spanish Society would like to welcome all ESPEN members again to the city of Madrid.
- Plenary: Cuthbertson Lecture and Wretlind Lecture
- ESPEN Fellowships symposium, 1 Clinical Nutrition symposium
- Best abstracts session
- 7 oral communication sessions
- 18 scientific symposia
- LLL Courses | Friday August 31st:
- 15 LLL courses and 1 TTT-LLL course
- During the congress: Paediatrics, Renal, Parenteral nutrition, Gastrointestinal
- 2 Case discussions: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis / Critically ill septic patient with multi-organ failure
- ESPEN Guidelines: presentation of new guidelines + two consensus meetings
- With “full access” registration you will have access to all the captured sessions during ESPEN 2018.
- Over 80 hours of scientific and educational sessions
Carbohydrate and lipid metabolism
Protein and amino acid metabolism
Hormones, mediators and immunity
Vitamins, antioxidants and mineral
Liver and gastrointestinal tract
Nutrition and Chronic diseases
Obesity and the metabolic syndrome
Nutrition and cancer
Nutritional techniques and formulations
Qualitative design studies
A warm welcome from Madrid
Madrid is the political and financial capital of Spain with 3.1 million inhabitants (6.4 million in the region), making it one of the main metropolises in Europe. It has excellent hotel capacity, beautiful architecture and a pleasant climate that confers brightness and warmness on the city. Additionally, the local Mediterranean cuisine adds flavour to all these ingredients. These, together with the city’s good value for money, make Madrid an excellent place for business, meetings and leisure.