- The international airports of Krakow – Balice is just a short distance away from the city center (20 – 25 min).
More 40 airports worldwide operate direct connections to Krakow, and hubs like Frankfurt, Zurich, Munich,
Vienna, Amsterdam, Paris offer further flight options.
- Krakow – Balice Airport has direct trains to Krakow Central Railway Station (20 min, € 4.00)
- The conference center is easy to reach by tram from the Central station (20 min, € 1,00).
- Getting about by foot is easy. The walk from the city center to ICE takes about 20-30 min, depending on pace.
- Taxis: Special night/ weekend rates apply in Krakow. It is often possible to hail a taxi in the street, but you
can also find special taxi stands at the train stations and various points throughout the city.
A warm welcome from Krakow
Situated in southern Poland, Krakow is one of the country’s most ancient cities and its former capital and a real pearl in its crown. The city lies on the banks of the Vistula River which is called the Queen of Polish Rivers. Krakow receives visitors from the whole world. The town is filled with monuments and is impossible to visit in just one day which is not really enough to experience the emotions this city can evoke. Its unique atmosphere has inspired artists and writers. Visitors fall in love with Krakow and if they leave, then it is only to return another day. The city’s rich cultural and artistic life contributes to this fascination as much as the genuine character of its streets and little squares lined with restaurants serving local delicacies. The city also buzzes with bars and nightlife and the diversity of a university town. It’s also an easily walkable city with plenty of charming backstreets and alleyways in which to get pleasantly lost.
The range of accommodation and gastronomic services is very wide and easily available, which makes planning a trip to Krakow very straightforward. It is also a base from where to visit southern Poland. Zakopane, called “the mountain capital” of Poland and Wroclaw are within easy distance from Krakow.